Friday, August 6, 2010

In Case You Were Wondering..

It fit!! Barely..

 

I fit (almost) all my stuff into my car and made it out of the city of Boston and home to NJ. It was a bit of a struggle involving roommate Shellby and me carrying, sliding, and even rolling huge boxes and packages down the stairs from our third floor apartment. I couldn't have done it without her!


It was a tight squeeze and I ended up having very little visibility out of the car, so I spent the majority of the trip driving slow in the right lane. The entire trip took me about 40 minutes to an hour longer than usual. It was pretty stressful for me since I'm not a very confident driver to begin with. There may have been a tearful phone call made to California from a Massachusetts rest stop once I realized how scary it really was to drive without being able to see.


But I had a little furry copilot named Phoebe! (If you look carefully, you can see her in the bottom left  corner of the cage.) It was actually good to have her right next to me because I could see through her glass tank and out of the passenger side window. I'm glad to be home and relaxing, even though I feel like I should be doing something more to get ready. Marcus will arrive tomorrow night and we will spend a few days visiting family, packing up (again), and planning our roadtrip. We'll be getting going in less than a week!

3 comments:

  1. Phoebs does make a good copilot, even if she gets distracted by bits of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i hear that your car is still packed tightly until you can repack the other one. hope you got lil phoebe out, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad to see you didn't sell, give away, or trash my namesake... :)

    ReplyDelete