Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Self-Starter

I am infamous for starting projects. Starting, but not finishing. I have boxes full of half-beaded, half-crocheted, or half-collaged doodads, I have a "gently used" gym membership (that I got a great deal on, may I add), and I have at least 12 books with bookmarks stuck in right around the 30-40 page mark. I don't know why, but this has always been the way I do (or don't do) things. Excitement over the start of something new without the satisfaction of a finished product. This is why I start this blog, my new project, with hesitation.

At age 23, I am turning over a new leaf. Not only to finish what I start, but to do things I enjoy and do them well. After earning my degree in May, I made plans to move over 3000 miles from both the home I grew up in and the home I have established for myself over the past five years. Big, scary plans. I hope to continue to write about this journey, as well as the other much smaller changes I make in my life, as they come along. Read along, join my journey, and help motivate me to stay on track.

This first post came off a lot more serious than I intended, so to prove I'm not as serious and boring in real life, here's a short clip.

Hello Everyone! from kirabee on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I would never call you boring. Congrats on a new start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirabee, I'm so happy you have joined the blog scene where I can keep track of your "new leaf"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, yay! another crazy blogger!!! i look forward to your every move...i mean post!! love ya...

    ReplyDelete