Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moving Is Easy, Reason Number 1: Marcus

If you're wondering why I chose to pack up and move my life to California, here it is:


This is Marcus. We met almost five years ago when we lived in the same freshman dorm in college. We were friendly, then friends, then best friends.


Then, nearly two years ago, we realized that we were more than friends. Basically, he's the Chandler to my Monica.


Originally from California, Marcus has always had plans to move back after graduation. Somewhere along the way, he convinced me to move with him. It wasn't an easy decision, but we both knew this was for real.


He moved back to the west coast immediately after our graduation in early May, so we've been living apart for almost three months. This may sound silly or insignificant, but it's been pretty hard.


This post is kind of weird for me to write because we're really not that public of a couple. As much as I love him, I really have never felt super comfortable talking about our relationship with other people. This may have something to do with the fact that our relationship is actually my first "real" relationship. We even started dating somewhat in secret. Remember how Monica and Chandler snuck around for a whole half-season before revealing their relationship to the other "Friends" (reference getting old yet?)? That was us, kinda, but to a lesser degree, and with less comedic antics. Honestly, the evolution of our relationship was pretty weird to us, we knew it may be weird to our mutual friends as well.

But here we are now, and I can't imagine my life without him. In several weeks, he's going to fly back to the east coast, we will pack up my car, and roadtrip back to LA. I am so lucky to have him and so excited to take this next step with him!

3 comments:

  1. That's a cute boyfriend you have there! And California won't be to bad, regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure looks and sounds like a good reason to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, kir! ya brought a tear to my eye! doesn't sound silly at all. best friends can certainly become best life partners, i think you found yours. wishing you guys the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete